Friday, October 23, 2009

Crepeville


A lazy Sunday morning enjoying breakfast at Crepeville

I have yet to master the art of French crepe-making. One day when I'm rich I will invest in one of those ginormous, round griddles specially designed for making crepes. But until then I will satisfy my cravings for savory and sweet crepes alike at Crepeville.

Of all the American crepes I have tasted, the ones at Crepeville come the closest to authentic French cuisine. Even if they didn't, they are fantastically stuffed with delicious fillings, such as chicken and pesto, Canadian bacon, cheese and pineapple, marinara and provolone cheese. My favorite is the California crepe with spinach, avocado, onions, provolone, and sundried tomato pesto. Mmm, mmm good. The crepes are served with a generous helping of seasoned, roasted potatoes. Even one who is not particularly fond of potatoes will become a fast friend of these savory morsels.

Sadly, I have yet to try a sweet crepe, the numerous times I have been there, due to the filling nature of the main dish. One of these days -- so many choices: chocolate, raspberry blintz, strawberries and cream....

And on a chilly, blustery day, you can order a pot of tea in one of their nifty golden teapots. Their freshly squeezed orange or carrot juice is another excellent choice for quaffing your thirst.


Comes complete with a tea strainer to keep those pesky leaves out of your tea cup

Crepeville also has omelettes, salads, sandwiches, soups, and several other wonderful selections... none of which I'll probably ever bring myself to try as I love those crepes! ;-)



A friend we ran into on the way back to the car, storing up food for the winter

No comments: