Monday, January 16, 2012

Irish Latte


With a somewhat well-rounded liquor and other miscellaneous beverages collection, we are slowly making our way into the world of mixed drinks. I, for one, find the land of 'mixology' a bit foreign. My familiarity with it involves Sprite and orange juice (an essential hot-summer-day, poolside concoction). When it comes to the other brand, namely that involving alcohol, I am quite the novice. But I do enjoy creativity and experimentation, which, I find, will serve me well in the venture into the land of mixology.


Gathering a little assistance from our online resources, Steve ran across cocktail builder, an amateur drink-builder's dream. You simply enter in all of the available liquids you have at your disposal - alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike - and the cocktail builder will provide you with a nifty little list of possible drinks you can make with them. It is a great resource to expand your horizons for your next cocktail party.

However, with all that said, I am proud to say I followed none of it and branched out on my own. (I was always loathe to play by the rules.) Although, my creation is eerily reminiscent of another 'Irish' drink I have had....


Irish Latte

1/3 c. milk, heated and frothed
1 shot of espresso
1 shot of Bailey's Irish Creme

If you prefer mochas, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot chocolate mix. I prefer Ghiradelli's Chocolate Mocha.


Stay tuned for another creative concoction.....

1 comment:

Jan said...

Laurel,
I went on Cocktail builder...hilarious and really useful. Thanks for posting this reference. I had to laugh at the list it gave us...never heard of most of them. I think you and Stephen should make up your own "marriage martini"...knowing you two it will involve espresso and Irish Whiskey along with something I've never heard of!!