Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Black Widow Bean Dip


This is a fun dish I made for a Halloween party. I layered, from the bottom up, salsa, grated cheese, sliced olives, and refried beans. Then, placing a bit of sour cream in a sandwich-sized ziploc, I cut off a corner in order to pipe a 'web' for my spider. His body was made out of whole black olives, 1/6 slices laid end to end for his legs, and a pimento retrieved from a green olive in the fridge in order to make him a black widow. It was served with a big bowl of tortilla chips.

Halfway through the night the poor spider lost his life....

Who says you can't play with your food?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And the dog attempted to eat the bean dip...is it funny that my word verification is "cominess" and it makes me think of communism, which makes me think of something else? ;-)

Sylvia said...

That looks so good! If you like squishy things, search for Pumpkin Pie Cake on AllRecipes. I made that the other day, and it came out all right. Very mushy, though...I could have baked it for another ten minutes if I weren't in a hurry.