Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pita Pizzas

Want a quick, easy, healthy way to eat pizza? Throw together a pita pizza!

My brother and I made these for dinner tonight. We used pesto sauce, a little mozarella, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, artichoke hearts, and chopped chicken sausage. (I also added a little goat cheese to mine for an extra zing of flavor!)
All this meal takes is a package of pitas and whatever toppings your heart so desires. (I'm thinking of trying my hand at a dessert one a little later.)
This is the perfect way to serve up individualized portions to the picky eaters in your household.

Each one can be as unique as a snowflake....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Pita pizzas sound great! The chewiness of the pita would compliment the toppings nicely.

Rye-Rye said...

Nice, tying it into the season with the snowflake thing...was the chicken sausage from Trader Joe's, because that stuff was AMAZING?!