Thursday, October 27, 2011

Disappearing Act: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm too late.

I waited too long.

There's nothing left to show but this.


That's what happens when you leave a plate of delicious cookies on the counter unconcealed.

With the scarcity of pumpkin, it's difficult enough finding some to put into my baked goods. Even then, they are nearly gone before I can remove them from the baking sheet.

But this time I added a little chocolate to the mix. They didn't stand a chance. I couldn't even snap a photo before they were entirely consumed.

Forgive me. They were just that good.

But don't take my word for it.....



Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 c. salted butter, softened
(or add 1/2 t. salt if using unsalted butter)
1 c. sugar
(divide 1/2 c. granulated & 1/2 c. brown if you like more of a molasses taste to your cookies)
1 1/4 c. pumpkin (canned or fresh)
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugar together. Beat egg in a small bowl; then, add the pumpkin and vanilla. Stir pumpkin mixture into the butter and sugar.
In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Place in heaping tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.


These cookies are soft and moist, not for those who like a crunch to their cookies. And I imagine these would taste even better a few days later, as most spicy cookies do once the spices have time to bloom. I was out of cloves this time around, but I would like to try these with an additional 1/2 t. ground cloves. Can never get enough spiceyness. :)

No comments: