Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope you stuff yourself with turkey, cranberries, potatoes, green beans, pie, and any other good thing that graces your table this Thanksgiving day!

But don't forget what this day is about. Give thanks.

Via {etsy}

~ I am thankful for life. That which my parents have given me, and each and every life I come in contact with daily. It is a beautiful thing that comes in all shapes and sizes. :) The new lives that have come into the world this year, and those that have finished their sojourn on earth.

~ I am thankful for my family. For the crazy eight, my parents and grandparents...and I love how it is growing with marriages! I'm gaining sisters (which I've never had before), not to mention my cute nephew and niece.....For our days of summer vacation, bonding over a beer, at the ocean, working out a puzzle. For our engaging conversations, getaway moments at the frozen yogurt shop, the internal rivalries, shouting over a football game.

~ I am thankful for my fiancĂ©. 72 days and counting.....!! I am in awe every day of the blessing God has given me, placing him in my life. For his sense of adventure, his indefatigable spirit, the way he makes me laugh, the way he laughs, his encouragement and appreciation of my interests, his orneriness, his constant support.... I love him and can't wait to be joined together with him for the rest of my life.

~ I am thankful for my friends. Their encouragement, guidance and support have filled the best (and worst) periods of my life. So many amazing memories. For games of hide-and-seek in the dark. For dance aerobic videos. For tea time. For our time spent rallying for LIFE. For hikes and walks. For blading and biking. For theological and philosophical discussion and solving the world's problems.

~ I am thankful for my faith. For the One who created me, who strengthens and sustains me. For times of prayer. For times of praise. For times of adoration. For forgiveness and mercy. For His Sacrifice. For the Eucharist.

~ I am thankful for the ability to run. It keeps me sane and in shape. For those who run with me keeping me accountable and energized for exercise. For half-marathons which create a great sense of accomplishment, and for those who get me through them. For Costco Hill.

~ I am thankful for music. For the ability to express myself through it. For my ability to dance to it in so many forms. For my voice, the piano, my violin. For my music students. For the opportunities it creates for fellowship with my brothers and friends.

~ I am thankful for the ability to travel. Discovery and exploration of new places is one of life's great gems. There are so many places I want to see, so many places I have seen. For the ability to stand in awe of God's creation and those man-made. For wide expanses of land. For Gothic cathedrals.  For the ability to photograph and create glimpses of what I experience.

~ I am thankful for food. Especially that shared with loved ones. For strawberries. For chocolate. For pastries. For spices. For warm soups. For cold ice cream. For healthy salads. For fried fish.
~ I am thankful for quiet moments. Those in which I can reflect on all that I am grateful for and give thanks.

Via {weheartit}

For whom and what are you thankful?

No comments: