Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Vibrant Eggs


Tasting food all afternoon is hard work. I didn't think it would make me hungry.

Exploring the food booths at the 3rd annual Foodbuzz Festival this past Saturday, the folks at the Sargento and Sabra booths handed me a few samples to take for later. They came in handy when my belly was rumbling later that evening.

Sargento's on-the-go packaging is extremely convenient when you want to throw something in your bag and run out the door. No mess, no fuss. Just grab and go. It is also great for portioning if you're watching caloric intake. I slipped it right into my purse on my way to the Godiva booth.


Their cubed colby jack was the perfect addition to my eggs after I smothered it in Sabra's salsa. Normally, I prefer my salsas to be on the spicier side, but the flavor of this one was satisfying despite the lack of spiciness. Fortunately, their vibrant colors, with the aid of my fire-engine red peppers, masked the mess I made of flipping the eggs. :)


Vibrant Eggs

2 eggs, scrambled (with a bit of milk if you like)
colby jack cheese
salsa
quarter of a red bell pepper, diced

Sautee the red pepper for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add eggs and cook until scrambled. Top with your favorite cheese and salsa.

No comments: